Cyber Security Engineer
The company we help searching a new colleague believes that the passion and talent of our employees is their strength – it is what drives them towards outstanding performance. They offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Their scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make this company a great place to work. As a cyber security engineer you will be a member of the security engineering team with responsibility to assess, deploy, configure and maintain various security products across a very broad scope. Being part of this team you will participate in the defense of one of the world's leading e-commerce organizations and have the opportunity to learn, and develop skills in the a truly world leading security practice.
- Work with the business and users to define needs, identify problems, evaluating potential solutions, demonstrating and implementing improvements.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of technology trends.
- Strong focus on innovation and respond quickly and confidently to change.
- Team player. Collaborate with technology teams on finding the right solutions to existing problems.
- Challenge ideas and methods while working together with talented, highly skilled team members.
The company offers you
- A performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- The “Complete Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits.
- IT also has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
- This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. The company has successfully relocated 200+ IT professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
- 5+ years working in security engineering teams/practices with a strong demonstrable background in Network security and/or host (Windows/Linux) security with a strong emphasis on automation (Python).
- Demonstrable industry leading expertise across all aspects of cyber security monitoring and defense.
- Advanced understanding regarding computer security concepts at both technical and procedural level.
- Understanding of networking concepts and protocols such as DNS, SNMP, DHCP, SSL IPsec etc.
- Robust understanding of IT fundamentals across networking, system integration and administration, and application layers.
- Able to provide thought leadership whilst maintaining the foundations and operate in a humble and respectful manner.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Relevant industry certification (CISSP, CISM, SANS, OSCP, CESG, JNCIP-SEC).